The incandescent light bulbs that we have been so used to have phased out as the introduction of LEDs (Light Emitting Diode lamps) and CFLs (Compact Fluorescent lamps) prove to be more energy efficient and cost effective for your home. They use up to 80 percent less energy and can last up to 25 times longer. CFLs were introduced in the 90s as a replacement to incandescent bulbs to be more energy efficient for your home. However, with advancement in technology, LEDs are even more efficient and last longer than CFLs.
LEDS SAVE YOU ENERGY AND MONEY
- LEDs require significantly less electricity than traditional incandescent bulbs. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, replacing your 60-watt incandescents with 12-watt LEDs will reduce your per-bulb electricity costs by about 70 to 80 percent—a greater reduction than you’d achieve with CFLs, halogen lamps or energy-saving incandescents.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, a high-power white LED can last for 35,000 to 50,000 hours—that’s approximately 2 to 7 times longer than a CFL, 11 to 15 times longer than a halogen incandescent and 25 to 45 times longer than a traditional incandescent.
Champion Energy Customer Benefits
- Champion Energy customers on 24-36 month contracts get their first $50 of LEDs for free
- Shipping is a $10 flat fee for orders over $15
- Save 20-40% off retail prices of LEDs
Start Shopping Now